My Eternal Family
My Family: 07-24-2011
My 1st Love
Thomas S Bennett -1963
Friday, March 22, 2013
Family Ties
One of my brothers just had a birthday. I teased him that he was getting as old as me! Like that will ever happen! Last month my Mom had a birthday. I have really been missing her a lot lately. I wish I could have her here just one more day. There is so much I want to share with her. It's hard as you get older to see your family separated (by miles and by decisions they make along the way). It is scary to be the oldest one left in my family and scary to think that I am supposed to have all this wisdom because I have lived so much longer than the rest of the family. It is totally not true! I try to stay on top of things and be aware of current events, etc, but when the day is over, I just want to go to bed! I hope my children and grandchildren appreciate life and all it has to offer. We have so many blessings but sometimes we take them for granted and we really have to look hard to realize what they are. Counting our blessings helps us to focus on the positive. There are so many negative things in the world today, we need to stay focused on the good things. When my late husband and I lived in Jacksonville Beach, Florida, we witnessed some of the most gorgeous sunrises you could ever imagine. We moved to Arizona in Febuary of 1967 and we have witnessed so many gorgeous sunsets together and I continue to think of him whenever I see one.
With technology being what it is today, it is a great time to be alive. We went from Beepers (yes beepers), then car phones, and now cells phones, tablets, laptops, etc. There was a time when a computer took up the whole room. Who knew we would one day have them in most homes and on laptops that you can take with you. You can access your information from your computer by your cell phone and you can carry it in your pocket. We can literally communicate with anyone any where in the world! That is totally awesome! We really do have so much to be thankful for. My grandchildren are computer and technology smart. There is not a time that they have not been with out it. They can sure teach their old Nana a trick or two. It's a wonderful world and a wonderful time to live in it! I, for one, am very grateful for all the blessings that I have personally received. I am grateful that my family is protected and looked after. I am grateful that we enjoy good health and are able to take care of ourselves financially. I love my grandchildren. They are extension of their parents. It's like having your babies all over again except this time, someone else gets to raise them! They are part of my life and together we enjoy the family ties that bind us together for eternity. I am thankful for my "Forever" family. Yes. . . . .I am a thankful Nana.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment