My Eternal Family

My Eternal Family
My Family: 07-24-2011

My 1st Love

My 1st Love
Thomas S Bennett -1963

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

And Life Goes On. . . .

I have found that Life does go on. . . .with or without us. I look around and see so many people like me who have lost a loved one (my current husband included) and wonder how they were able to pick up the pieces of their life and go on without their loved one by their side. When we all first got married we never knew what challenges life would give us, but we loved each other so much we were willing to take the chance. Some lost their soul mate early in their marriage due to war or accident and others, like me, lost mine after 38 years of marriage. He was my best friend. . . my eternal love. I never really imagined my life without him. It never even occurred to me that he would not be by my side during our "Golden Years". But life has a way of shaking up the very core of your foundation. My faith has seen me through these very trying and difficult times. Without it, I do not think I could have survived. The secret to a good life is to just do the best you can with what God has given you. Always look for the best in others and find little ways you can serve Him by serving those around you. He will lift you up and give you the strength you need. He will not fail you.

No comments:

Post a Comment