My Eternal Family

My Eternal Family
My Family: 07-24-2011

My 1st Love

My 1st Love
Thomas S Bennett -1963

Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Arizona

Salt River, Arizona near Metro Phoenix areaImage via Wikipedia
The media would have you think that Arizona is not the place to visit or live, but I disagree. We have such variety in our State. North in the Mountains, we have beautiful, tall trees and it is so green and fresh looking. There are streams, rivers, lakes, and mountains. Down here in the Phoenix area, there are lots of things to see and do, with a variety of desert landscapes. I think the greatest thing about our State is the weather. Sure, we can have some pretty hot summers, but the rest of the year is absolutely delightful and to be envied by most. Our State is warm and friendly and we do not want to stop legal immigration into our State. We need to stop illegal immigration which infringes on the rights of each of us who call Arizona our home.


I moved here from the State of Georgia and have to tell you that I was not all that impressed upon my arrival. The desert looked gloomy to me after all the greenery in Georgia, but my years living here has made me a changed woman. There is no other place I would rather be (unless it was in a house on the beach somewhere). Arizona is my home. My children were born here and my first husband died here. I am grateful that we located here in the late 60s and have been here ever since. Just call me a "transplanted native"!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment