My Eternal Family

My Eternal Family
My Family: 07-24-2011

My 1st Love

My 1st Love
Thomas S Bennett -1963

Friday, August 13, 2010

In With the New and Out With the Old???

You have heard that saying many times probably in your lifetime. I think it means more to you as time goes by. I am thinking, what do you mean, out with the old? There is a lot to be said with the wisdom and knowledge that one acquires during a lifetime. I know. . .I know. . .there is nothing as precious as a newborn baby. There is such a sweet innocence that it is intoxicating! Anything when it is new is so adorable. . puppies, kittens, horses, deer, trees, flowers, you name it and there is a certain beauty in the new. But then, you have the old. . . . .ever notice the really old trees? They are big, tall and provide the ever much needed shade here in the valley. I love going to the older parts of the city and driving down the streets lined with these very old, very big, and very shady trees. There are so many beautiful things to behold whether they are new or old. I love the fresh new things but I am attached to the old ones also. I don't want to take the new in and throw out the old! I want both!

No comments:

Post a Comment